2015-2016 RATES MOSAIC COTTAGES
- Homemade bread and jam upon arrival.
- Bed linens, bath towels, daily housekeeping services, all natural Rain amenities – soap/shampoo/conditioner/lotion, kitchen facility, outdoor BBQ, fireplace, firewood.
- Use of kayaks can be booked.
- Hiking on 933 hectares.
- Free wireless Internet at the 1892 Spookhuis next door. Duminy & Milkwood 2 have wireless Internet.
- Use of the Boule court, library & lounge and TV at the 1892 Spookhuis.
EXTRAS: Meals, drinks & activities are available in the Lagoon Café next door in the 1892 Spookhuis.
- Breakfast baskets, braai platters & dinner dishes. Please book dinner and breakfast for the first day PRIOR to arrival.
- Mosaic Lagoon Café: Lunch and full bar. Café Hours: 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Activities: quad biking, boat cruise, beach excursion, guided nature walk exploring flora & birds, shark cage diving, archeological cave tour, whale watching & marine boat tours, scenic plane tour.
- Childcare can be pre-booked.
EXTRAS: MOSAIC RAIN SPA SERVICES
- A variety of massage therapy and ski treatments with Rain Africa Spa products.
- Manicure & pedicure with regular polish or gel polish.
- Check in time 3:00 – 4:00 PM. Guests are welcome early at the Lagoon Café. Please call if arriving after 5:00PM.
- Check out time 10:30 AM. Guest are welcome to spend the day at the 1892 Spookhuis.
- Guests are welcome to spend the day at the 1892 Spookhuis.
- A 25% deposit is required to secure reservations. Full payment is required 31 days prior to arrival.
- Rates are quoted in South African Rand and subject to changes.
- Foreign transfer fees (from the originating country and from South Africa) are in addition to the rates.
CANCELLATION POLICY: The fee is a % of the full accommodation amount.
- 30 days prior to arrival 50%
- 14 days prior to arrival 75%
- 7 days prior to arrival 100%
- All requests, confirmations and cancellations are valid only if in writing.
- A 5% processing fee will be deducted from all refunds.
EXTRA ACTIVITY PRICES
Guided Quad-bike Tours: R 300 PP/1st hour R 150 PP /additional hours
Our quad-bike tours will take you exploring magnificent flora, birds and lagoon wetlands. You can ride along the edge of the lagoon or up to high points on Mosaic with 360-degree views of the ocean, lagoon, and mountains. Join us for complementary glass of house wine afterwards at the 1892 Spookhuis.
Quad-bike Tour & Lunch: R 400 PP Quad bike trip and lunch at the 1892 Spookhuis. Includes a complementary glass of house wine.
Boat Cruise – Morning/Daytime : R 300 PP 2 hours *Please note: Our boat is not operating due to damage from a wind storm on Saturday 21 March 2015. The boat will not be used until further notice.
Board the “Spirit of Agnus” from the shores of Mosaic for a boat cruise on the Hermanus Lagoon among a myriad of water birds and the towering Overberg Mountains. Includes soft drinks, house wine/beer on the boat, and a mezze platter at the 1892 Spookhuis.
Sundowner Cruise: R 300 PP 2 hours
Wet your feet and taste buds as you cruise among the water birds with beautiful mountain views on the Hermanus Lagoon aboard the “Spirit of Agnus”. Includes soft drinks, house wine/beer/spirits and canapes’ on the boat.
Beach Excursion: R 300 PP 2 hours
Hop onto our open 4×4 vehicle and discover fynbos, birds and the pristine Walker Bay Beach and Nature Reserve and enjoy beautiful sunsets over the ocean. Between June and December, Southern Right Whales migrate from Antarctica to the shelter of Walker Bay to court, mate and calf. Our guests’ favorite place for viewing is on top of the sand dunes. Includes snacks and house drinks/wine/beer/spirits.
Guided Nature Walk: R 100 PP per hour
The Cape Floral Kingdom is a true wonder of the world, having the richest density of plant species on earth ∙ 8,600 with almost 6,000 occurring nowhere else on earth. Fynbos, Afrikaans for “fine bush”, is the unique type of vegetation that formed millions of years ago from ashes of drought-stressed forests. You will be guided along the lagoon edge and wetlands to discover intricate plant-animal relationships and the importance of conserving this unique floral kingdom.
Archeological Cave Tour: R 300 PP Add R 100 for sundowners
Klipgat Archeological Cave, just down the coast from Mosaic, is a Stone Age excavation site. You will explore this fascinating cave on the Walker Bay Beach. For those who love coastal walks, you can tour the cave in the early afternoon and walk +- 8 km of the pristine beach to where our staff will meet you for sundowners snacks and drinks.
Spa Massage Therapy, Manicure & Pedicure: Request our full Spa menu
Enjoy spa treatments in our indoor or outdoor spa in an ancient milkwood grove: variety of massage therapy, including hot stone, manicures & pedicure with regular or gel polish. Booking is required.
Shark Cage Diving: By Quote – Contact Mosaic reservations
This boat trip takes you to Shark Alley, between Dyer Island and Geyser Rock, home to 60,000 Cape Fur Seals. Great Whites are viewed from the boat and in a secure cage just under the surface of the water. The experience of being eye-to-eye with these large creatures is simply thrilling!
Whale Watching Tour by Boat & The Marine Big 5: By Quote – Contact Mosaic reservations
Between June and December, Southern Right Whales migrate from Antarctica to the southern tip of Africa to court, mate and calf. Walker Bay is the best place in the world to view these enormous mammals. This trip takes you by boat in search of the Marine Big 5: Whales, Great White Shark, African penguin, Cape Fur Seal, and dolphin.
Whale Watching & Scenic Tour by Plane: By Quote – Contact Mosaic reservations
Flying over Walker Bay gives you one of the world’s most spectacular views of mountains, white sand beaches, dunes and marine life. From the air, you can comprehend the massive size of the Southern Right Whales and hopefully catch a glimpse of a calf learning to lob-tail or breach. Awesome scenic flights are available through out the year.
Airport Transfer to/from Cape Town by Plane: By Quote – Contact Mosaic reservations
Airport Transfer to/from the Western Cape: By Quote – Contact Mosaic reservations
Helicopter transfer to/from Mosaic: By Quote – Contact Mosaic reservations